Kitchen quiz

While cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my mom over the weekend, I had the privilege of reorganizing her entire kitchen from the bottom up. Buried deep amidst the cherry pitters, pre-microplane zesters, and other seldom-used implements I found two items that are completely outside of my culinary vocabulary:

Tool 1

Tool 1 (alternate framed view)

Tool 2

Tool 2 (close-up arty view)

The last one is so strange, I took a short video of it in action. There is a short section in most Cook’s Illustrated issues that deals with this task of describing the indescribable. But I’m not a man that has 3 months to wait for an answer, so I am asking you, oh powerful web of knowledge, what are these strange devices? Free kudos to anyone that can provide a believable answer.