People making games beware: Scrabble vowel shortage revealed, thanks to faulty pseudorandomness. Also a tasty morsel of Scrabble trivia:
An experiment in distributed storytelling: while attending South by Southwest, every time I went to take a picture, I was preempted by another, more photo savvy individual. So where’s my photo album? Take a tour with some of my friends:
- playing kickball, acquiring a “tan” (that’s me way in the back, credit: min jung)
- first meal with real live bloggers (credit: erica)
- they’re just like real people!
- umm, yeah, could we have a table for 42 please? (credit: anil)
- how the other half ate (credit: anil)
- proof: I was on a panel (scroll down a bit, credit: wes)
- last night dinners (credit: leia)
- instill fear (credit: pamela)
- in those with empty cameras (credit: pamela)
- Look ma, I’m famous! That’s me right next to John Tesh and Jason Kottke
Josh had quite a reaction to our panel at SXSW.
Okay, so the mass media attention to weblogs has officially tipped, thanks to the blogger manifesto and a host of articles from microcontent news. Yesterday’s article in the daily standard, “Reading, Writing, and Blogging” is yet another of what will be the landslide of articles touting or discrediting P2P Journalism. What I found facinating from this one was the mention of Smartertimes, a site deditacted to fact-checking stories in the New York Times.
Something brought up in my SXSW panel was the policies I have towards racist and otherwise hateful speech contained within the blogdex index. I’ve posed the question to the community, and am eagerly waiting the reaction.
Okay, maybe a *little* comment. The aforementioned panel went well, according to the feedback I received from some audience members. At one point Doc asked the question “Who here is blogging this panel right now?” to which Wes and Cam raised their hands. Actually, there were three people taking notes, and Doc was one of them!. I think that’s the first blog-while-presenting that I’ve ever heard. I nearly wet myself when I realized what he was doing. Anyway, heeeeere’s the shizz:
I’m back. No comment.